Application for Admission to the International Programs for the 2023 Academic Year
Chiang Mai University is now open for applications for international undergraduate programs for the 2023 academic year.
The international programs opened for admission are:
- ● Bachelor of Science in Modern Management and Information Technology (MMIT)
- ● Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (SE)
- ● Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management (IEL)
- ● Bachelor of Engineering in Information Systems and Network Engineering (ISNE)
- ● Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ● Bachelor of Arts in Humanities and Sustainability (HS)
- ● Bachelor of Arts in Thai as a Foreign Language (TFL)
Graduated from or studying in the final term of Matthayom Suksa 6 (M.6) or its equivalent or higher under the following conditions,
- 1. For students who are currently enrolled or have graduated from an institution in Thailand
- * Graduated from or currently enrolled in the final term of Matthayom Suksa 6 (M.6) or its equivalent in Thailand secondary education system or
- * Graduated from or currently enrolled in the final year of secondary school (grade 12 in the US system or year 13 in the British system) in an international school in Thailand.
- 2. For students who are currently enrolled or have graduated from overseas or GED credential holders, please check the list of secondary education equivalency system in Annex 1
- 1. Please ensure that you meet the additional academic requirements of the applied program in Annex 2
- 2. Those who are “currently enrolled" should ensure that you provide the official transcript and certificate on the day of new student registration. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Applications must be made through the International Program Admission System (IPAS) which provides two tracks for applicants:
Apply through REGULAR TRACK: (Online Written Examination and Interview)
- o For applicants who do not have either 1. Standard English Proficiency Test or 2. Standard subject test.
- o Applicants must take subject tests (CMU exam) according to the applied program.
Apply through SPECIAL TRACK: (Online Interview only)
- o For applicants who have both 1. Standard English Proficiency Test and 2. Standard subject test.
- o Applicants must submit standardized examinations of specialized subjects of applied program.
ADMISSION ROUNDChiang Mai University is accepting applications in 3 rounds. Please note that each round has a specific application period, programs accepting applications, and Tracks as follows:
|Rounds||Application period||Accepting Programs||Tracks|
|Round 1||Nov 1, 2022 – Jan 5, 2023||HS, TFL, ECON, IEL, ISNE, ME, DIN, ES, FST, IDEA, SE, MMIT||Regular and Special|
|Round 2||Feb 14 – Mar 24 , 2023||HS, TFL, ECON, IEL, ISNE, ME, NSC, DIN, ES, FST, IDEA SE, MMIT||Regular and Special|
|Round 3||May 8 - 14 , 2023||ECON, DIN, ES, FST, ACC||Regular and Special|
APPLICATION FEES AND PAYMENT METHODS
Application Fee (Non-refundable): 1,200 Thai Baht (per program)
English Placement Test Fee (Non-refundable): 400 Thai Baht (For applicants in Regular Track who do not have Standard English Proficiency Test.)
Payment Methods: Chiang Mai University must receive the fee(s) in full (excluding transferring fee) in order to process the application. Payment can be made by;
- 1) QR code during the application process. (No fee and real time update) or
- 2) Credit card (2.3% for processing fee) or
- 3) Payment at the counter service (in Thailand only) with the printed payment form from the application system
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION
All applicants must complete the online application form and are required to submit clear and readable scanned documents (each file size not over 1 MB) as follows:
- 1. A scanned copy of the high school graduation certificate for Mattayom Suksa 6, or Grade 12 or equivalent or higher, Thai or English, or the foreign equivalent. (If not in English, please submit the original document with an official English translation) and a certificate of current student status (if studying).
- 2. A scanned copy of the official high school transcript, Thai or English, or the foreign equivalent (if not in Thai or English, please submit the original document with an official English translation).
- 3. An official certificate of English language proficiency (if available).
- 4. For Thai citizens: a scanned copy of the Thai National ID Card.
- 5. For non-Thai citizens: a scanned copy of passport.
- 6. One 2x2 inch-photo in school uniform or in formal dress taken within the last 6 months (in jpg format).
- 7. Additional documents required by the chosen program.
TUITION FEES FOR REGULAR SEMESTER (PER SEMESTER)
|Humanities and Sustainability (HS)||35,000||55,000|
|Social Science and Sustainable Development (SSSD)||40,000||40,000|
|Thai as a Foreign Language (TFL)||N/A||55,000|
|Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management (IEL)||50,000||70,000|
|Information Systems and Network Engineering (ISNE)||50,000||70,000|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||50,000||70,000|
|Nursing Science (NSC)
- Faculty Registration Fees (First entry: One-time payment)
|Digital Innovation (DIN)||55,000||55,000|
|Environmental Science (ES)||35,000||35,000|
|Food Science and Technology (FST)||40,000||60,000|
|Integrated Design in Emerging Architecture (IDEA)||65,000||85,000|
|Modern Management and Information Technology(MMIT)||40,000||40,000|
|Software Engineering (SE)||40,000||40,000|